Friday, March 2, 2018

Flower wreath

GinaK showed on her latest release a Wreath builder kit, it comes with two sizes of templates that you can use to make a wreath, I thought it was so cool and I was thinking I may be able to make a template myself.  Later that day one of the girls in my cardmaking group mentioned that years ago a UK magazine mentioned how to make them or shared some in all sizes. Then another girl showed how she used grid paper in the MISTI to draw the template out and she used that to make hers. Others were making them on their cricut in design space.  I decided to give it a go and see if I could make one myself.  I will have to confess I must not have cut it out perfectly because my cardstock that I cut to put in it didn't quite fit right so I had to do a bit more cutting so it would fit inside, but this is the results of my go at it.



The link I gave above is to the kit if you would like to pre order it, and HERE is the link to see it in action, isn't that just too cool and such a fast and easy way to have everything line up.  Instead of making it a 4 1/4 square card I applied it to a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 (A2) sized card and used my die to cut a fancy border, let me just say that the border took more time to cut out than stamping the whole wreath, I had to run it back and forth through my machine to cut through the paper and the card base.

4" template
Ms. Sparkle & co. - Give thanks stamps for flowers
Stampendous - Mini bee stamp set (bee, leaves and sentiment)
Spectrum clear sparkle pen on wings
Echo park - Fine and Dandy papers
Spellbinders - Scalloped Borders two die
Nuvo drops for flower centers

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I wish you a lovely weekend full of creativity and fun!

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So pretty!! Love the colors!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Kim said...

Oh how beautifully pink. Your card is a gorgeous thought of all things sunshiny and Spring. I love the wreath of dainty flowers, Connie.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sooooo cute!Have a lovely weekend,dear Connie!

Darlene said...

One word ... BEAUTIFUL!

Leslie Miller said...

I saw this wreath grid somewhere and then watched the video. Was totally smitten and bookmarked the set. There's always something more to want, but I just got done shopping and need to use what I have first. Just a little self discipline. You make it hard after seeing your pretty card! It came out so perfect and looks like fun. Love the border along the bottom.

Debbie said...

i LOVE the message and the little bee...

the time spent on the boarder was worth it, it is really beautiful!!!

Janice said...

Such a pretty wreath, a beautiful card.
Janice x

Anonymous said...

Bright and cheery, very nice. :)

Donna Phelan said...

Oh how beautiful! Gina really has a great idea there! This is so pretty, Connie and I love that die cut at the bottom too, perfect design!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely spring card! The flowers look so cheery and I love the bee!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the pink hues on the flowers and the paper... the designer bottom is gorgeous!