Monday, February 12, 2018

Create Art

I was able to finish my challenge last night, I had started the background on Thursday so that it had time to dry by the time I could get back to it.  The challenge one of the ladies had for us was to create a piece of art for ourselves that would give us inspiration and we were not to use any sentiments or printed papers.  Then frame it and share were you have it in your home.

Well the first thing that came to mind is sunshine, oh how that makes me happy, flowers was next, I love looking at them and smelling them, and there is nothing better than waking up to the birds singing in the morning, so that is where I started with my Rays of sunshine stencil that I used modeling paste and added some gold glimmer mist to it and put through my stencil, when I was done I also sprayed more of the glimmer mist onto the background.  Yesterday is when I added the layered stamped flowers and the bird which I also cut from a piece of watercolor paper and used my Spectrum Aqua markers, except for his belly, I accidentally used a alcohol pen.


My friend had gifted me the frame to put pictures from our travels for my Christmas present this year and since I hadn't used it yet for that I used it for my art piece.  I used pop dots to pop up some of the flowers and the bird.

I decided to put my frame on the same table that I have a picture I just love of my daughter and hubby, their birthday's are 2 days apart and ever since she has gotten older we celebrate them together. My Mother and Father when they were first married, it is where I start my day with reading my bible and praying, and so it gives me inspiration, even if it isn't sunny outside that my heart can still be sunny inside, and how thankful I am for these things that God Blesses my day with. My hubby gifted me with the flowers for an early Valentine gift, they are not normally there.



Have you made a project for yourself lately, maybe it is time to make something to inspire you :)
Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

14 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous challenge and your 'work of art' is just that! Beautifully done Connie and just the right spot to inspiration & life your spirits at the start of your day! FANTASTIC! Really enjoyed reading your post today!

Lori said...

Your framed art turned out beautifully! What a wonderful addition to your daily starting place!

Kim said...

Oh, how lovely to wake up each morning with the photos of your husband and daughter, and of your mother and father. Starting the day with a quiet time with God is the perfect way to start the day. I love this framed picture, Connie. Indeed it evokes a feeling of warmth, sunniness and cheeriness. Love the roses and the sweet little bird and those rays of the sun beaming down are perfect. The flowers your husband gifted you are beautiful. Just a little aside......love that pretty quilt in the background.

Louca por porcelana said...

Your post is inspiring!Beautiful card!Hugs!

Diane said...

Connie your framed art is just wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman said...

Your artwork is lovely and in looks especially nice in a grame.

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty piece of Home Décor. Beautiful flowers and sweet, sweet bird....this screams Spring! Love it!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awww what a lovely spot to read your Bible in your happy corner, Connie, thanks for sharing, great framed creation, too... you’re such a blessing!!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your artwork turned out great!

JeanneLee said...

Connie, what a sweet thing to make and view on you table!

Debbie said...

this is a piece of art for sure, no sentiment is needed!! i think all of your cards should be framed!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie, so beautiful! I love all these things, too, and what a lovely way to start your day -- with a thankful, sunny heart!

Anonymous said...

Connie, love the delicate little bird. I haven't made anything for myself in such a long time. Slowly but surely I'm finishing my grandson's blanket.

Janice said...

Your challenge sounds a great idea and your picture is beautiful, sitting on a table full of love.