Thursday, February 8, 2018

1 Stamp 3 ways

The next challenge in our group was to use one stamp but use it in three different cards and different ways. We were to use only one other stamp with it.  My first was as a background, while highlighting the center one by coloring it.  I embossed them all in silver embossing powder.


Darcie's - Garden Bird, embossed w/silver embossing powder, center one colored with marker
Lace
Ribbon
Doodling

The second card I used the bird as my focal, now this card I did mess up the challenge because I used 3 stamps because the sentiment isn't part of the framing that is a separate stamp, didn't even think about it until I was taking the picture, oops.


Darcie's - Garden bird stamp set (frame, sentiment and bird)
Lace
Martha Stewart - Flower punch
Stickles

Now this last card took a lot of thinking to figure out how I could use the bird differently, and I came up with a flower.  Stamped the bird many times, I have left overs now for other cards :)  And played with them for awhile and came up with cutting the birds beak, legs and tail off, and  then putting a whole through it's eye to thread the brad through and that way they would all be the same length around.


Darcie's - Garden Bird (cut 6 times for flower)
Stampin up- Stem stamp
David Tutera- Birthday sentiment sticker
Basic Grey - Brad
Sequins

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, love hearing from you,

Connie

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Aren't your the clever one! How genius to make a flower out of your bird! Your embossed bird is so sweet! I especially like the middle card - something about it sings to my heart! (pun intended) lovely creations, Connie! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, I love LOVE the look of that stamp set! Made me go on a search, which is crazy because I'm trying not to buy right now. You have given me an idea, though, which is also crazy because I already have too many projects in the works. You're always inspiring me, Connie. Three creative cards today!

Janice said...

You conquered the challenge easily! Pretty cards and so clever to make a flower from the bird!

Darlene said...

What a fun challenge in your group and you outdid yourself with these 3 beauties! GREAT job my friend ... very inspiring!

Debbie said...

hi connie, all 3 cards are clever and beautiful. the third, yes, i'll bet your brain was smokin' but it came out great, i live the color (wink)!!!

Birgit said...

Whaaaaattt??? Three fabulous cards using that bird image, but pure genius on the third card turning it into a flower Connie! Super creative and beautiful cards!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, all three cards are amazing!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards,I fell in love with the second one!Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very clever use of the bird stamp, Connie! Love all the creative ways you used it. All very pretty. The second card has such a sweet sentiment. Hugs xo Karen

Anonymous said...

Such a variety of cards with that little bird, Connie! Great job! The last one looks like hearts for the flower petals. I think my favorite is the middle one. :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Connie, what beautiful cards, and I am thrilled to see how versatile this sweet stamp set with the precious bird! You are so creative and clever! Such beautifully made cards that just delight me today!! Warm hugs! xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Well A+ That bird is so sweet! I love how you used it on all 3 cards. My favorite card is your 2nd one, it is BEAUTIFUL! I love how creative you got in the 3rd one though--soooo clever!