Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Wine Labels

Jacqueline does beautiful stamping over wine labels and I have always admired her cards, I have even been lucky enough to receive one of her label cards to see in person.  I just love the neat ways that she uses them. Check out her Blog HERE scroll down to April 20th to see the neat ways she uses them, and the rest of her lovely creations!!

 Well she was sweet enough to send me some to give it a try on my own.  Now this first one I didn't quite use it the same way that she does, but I loved this scene on this label and decided to color it with pencils instead of stamping over it. Although I did use a butterfly stamp set and dies that I won from Verve, not to long ago to go with the label.


Wine label -- colored w/pencils
Verve -- Butterfly grace stamp set and Graceful Butterflies dies
Starform-- transparent glitter gold stickers
Martha Stewart -- border punch

This was a sympathy card but I didn't end up putting any sentiment on it.

I should have the deck finished tonight, YAH!!! well the floor part I have all the spindles to the railing to do but that can be done after I bring everything back up on the deck.  Then it will be time to  start the front porch railings.  It is a lot of work but I am loving the results!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, I appreciate you leaving a comment to let me know too, I know how busy everyone is this time of year.

Connie

14 comments:

Debbie said...

oooh connie, i really love this card. it would be nice to make someone a card using a label from a previously shared bottle of wine!!!

good luck finishing the deck, i could not take on a project like that...i just don't have it in me!!! i hope it's not too hot!!

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Connie! I admire her cards too. Your card is lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card.

So pleased to read the deck is coming along well ...

All the best Jan

Connie said...

Oh, I would put this card in my favorite pile, it is so pretty :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a pretty card and such a creative way to use a wine label! I am always trying to save them, with limited success. Some are little works of art! Staining the deck is hard work - I know. Heating pads come in handy when you are done :) xx Karen

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card in a soft blue,love the color!Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Connie, what a great idea to use wine labels. You did such a lovely job of coloring it. Very pretty! And congratulations on your porch painting! xo

Donna Phelan said...

Oh how clever! This is so beautiful, love the whole concept....maybe I should drink more wine, you know, to help the crafting cause and all! Very beautiful!

Lori said...

Such a pretty card! And how smart to color the wine label - it's so lovely!

Darlene said...

WOW what a great idea and your card is beautiful Connie! I'm hopping over to check out her blog ... thanks for the link!

Leslie Miller said...

I can't help but admire wine labels and anything that I can picture on a card. I rarely save them, though. You did a beautiful job with this one... always thinking and creating! Bet you'll be glad when that deck is finished, and your back will be glad, too!

Donna Ellis said...

Aren't you so creative? I love the wine bottle label as part of your collage, Connie! Beautifully done, and such delicate papers to complement it! hugs, de

Janice said...

This is a fantastic idea, I just love your card. Pretty soft colours and papers.

Beth Norman said...

As you can see, I'm 329 e-mails behind LOL. Love how you worked the wine label into your card. I followed your link and enjoyed seeing more artwork with labels. I have a few girlfriends that would love to receive a card with a wine label.