Tuesday, December 20, 2016

ODBDSLC281 Sentimental

I am linking my post today with the Our Daily Bread designs shining the Light Challenge, which is to use one of their sentiments on a card.  I wanted to send my brother in law a card, his sister had passed away and I love this verse for those that know the Lord to take comfort in.  I first stamped the image and then, lined up the sentiment on top.  This stamp set fits into the Spellbinders Labels 18 die.


Our Daily Bread designs -- Scripture Collection 2 and Bird and Butterfly Labels stamp sets
Spellbinders -- Labels 18 dies
Butcher Block -- Sky and Sage block paper
Fashion Bead paint -- silver

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you want to participate in the ODBD challenge you have until December 30.

Connie

14 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful card Connie!

Debbie said...

It's so pretty Connie and I am sure it will bring some comfort to him at this difficult time!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, and truly a comforting message. Blue is always a soothing color. Nice to be able to use some of your older Spellbinders dies, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure this card will bring comfort, the words and design are just right.

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

Hardest cards to make yet the most necessary. Love your design and layout, that verse is beautiful.

Hussena said...

Such a lovely card. I'm sure it will bring some comfort to the recipient. Love the quote you've used.

Diane said...

What a lovely card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Alex said...

A very appropriate card, which will bring much comfort, dear Connie.
I love the soft blue.The different textures /patterns together with the beautiful quote are lovely in their simple elegance. May we all dwell in the shelter of the Most High.
Blessings!

Christine said...

I love this verse for Christmas and once again you have created a very beautiful card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It is a nice verse and a lovely masculine looking sympathy card. I do like blue and brown together, it is a pleasing look.

April said...

Lovely card! I always love blue and kraft together.

Cheryl said...

The card you created is beautiful. The sentiment is perfect.... losing someone you love is so very hard--- it is a great comfort to know they are in a heavenly place though :-)

Janice said...

Perfect card Connie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card, Connie! I just love the silhouette background in blue with that beautiful verse as well as the kraft! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD! Have a happy new year!
hugs,
Chris