Wednesday, December 7, 2016

More Forgotten Treasures

While looking for something else I came across some papers my daughter gave me when I first started cardmaking, they must be around 13 years old. and I am always challenging myself to use my older supplies so that is how this card started. I added this vellum image from K & co. the tag was also in the set so all I had to do is add a stamped sentiment to it.  This paper was already embossed but wasn't quite as big as my card front so that is why I used this dark brown strip of paper, I had to add a punched border to it of course :)

Simple to put together card, but I really loved the way it turned out and just in time to get it in the mail for my nephews wives birthday.


Here is another pic with a little less glare on the vellum image.


I don't know if JoAnns craft store has this exact set anymore because it is a few years old but they do sell other sets of the vellum and cardstock sets, if your interested.

Old embossed paper
Fiskars -- Eyelet border punch
K&co. - Flora and Fauna Diecut cardstock and vellum set
Gina Marie -- Birthday words
Nuvo -- Golden Sunset glitter drops

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I appreciate hearing from you,

Connie

17 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I have some vellum images that I need to pull out sometime too! Love your pretty card - especially that beautiful embossed background!

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful card Connie! I'm sure she'll love it!

Linda Carson said...

Wow! What a beauty! She'll love it! I need to go dig in my old stuff! It would be like an episode of Hoarders!!

Unknown said...

Your background paper is beautiful, what a fun stash find! Love that sweet bird. Now I need to go find something good in my stash lol

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful creation Connie! LOVE IT!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, that paper is so beautifully embossed and the bird is gorgeous! Two of my favorite things. I have bunches of pre-embossed paper. I must be hoarding it. So many things I just don't get around to using, which is why I had to clear out my room. Saved all my papers, though. Nice work with the glitter drops, and the border looks perfect for your card!

Christine said...

Lovely paper and edging for a very vintage kind of look on this beautiful card, Connie!

Lowcarb team member said...

Now, that is a beautiful card, just love the bird, leaves and flowers.
Oh gosh I just like all of it!

All the best Jan

Donna Ellis said...

Your vellum creation is gorgeous, Connie, and such pretty colors! Hugs, de

Gaby Bee said...

What a lovely card, Connie! I like the embossed background and the beautiful bird image! You have done a great job...as always!

I wish you a wonderful Advent season!

Hugs,
Gaby

Alex said...

Aww, your daughter gave you..that's sweet.
I just love this pretty card, what a lovely image (apple blossom is one of my favorite flowers) and you have done it justice with the bold choice of black and pink...bold but still feminine.
I still love my card you gave me Connie! It catches my eye all the time :)
Blessings!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the vellum image and the textured background. It must feel nice using up some old supplies. You wouldn't be able to tell though... that it's from 13 years ago.

Stephanie said...

A work of art, my friend. The bird is precious and the background is simply lovely. Love and hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is very pretty, Connie. Love the way everything fits together - the beautiful bird with the pretty border. Such a sweet keepsake. Sending hugs xo Karen

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! This is stunning!!
Thanks so much for all your visits and kind words!!!
Have a great day!!
Hugs.
Debbie

Janice said...

What a fabulous discovery Connie, I'm sure we could all find something buried in our stash! Your card is so elegant, I love the embossed paper and the bird is so cute.

Debbie said...

gorgeous connie - i don't know how you could say this card was simple!! this one is so pretty, i love how it turned out!!!