Thursday, December 15, 2016

In the Jungle

Does this little guy look like he is in the jungle?  Well that is what I was going for anyway, LOL!  I just think this little guy always brings a smile to my face so I chose it for my great nephew who turned 3. I accidentally used the depossed side of the embossing folder but I think it looks ok, the leaves were punched from glossy cardstock with alcohol inks I had left over.

The tail I cut with my fiskars knife so that I could have it hanging over the sentiment banner.


Inky Antics -- Not Lion stamp, colored w/markers
Cuttlebug -- Floral Screen embossing folder
Spellbinders -- Lg. Deckled Rectangles die
Gina Marie-- Birthday words stamped sentiment
Martha Stewart -- leaf punch

Hope you are all having a good week so far. Trying to stay warm, it seems the heat is running a little more these days.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and let me know you have in this busy time of year.

Connie

14 comments:

Alex said...

Yes Connie,he definitely looks as if he's in the jungle!
But quite a friendly lion, very suitable for a 3 year old.
I hope you are getting on ok in the run-up to Christmas. Are your offspring visiting? Mine are, and I seem to have done nothing but shop for food!
x

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! He's so cute and he totally looks like he's in the jungle! I adore this, Connie!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Definitely a nice pet lion! He is super cute and every 3 year old I know would love this card!

Esther Asbury said...

Perfect card for a 3 year old! Cool look with the debossed side up!

Christine said...

A friendly sweet lion! He does seem to be in the jungle!
Really well made, Connie!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Connie,
I've found some folders are marked on the wrong side so maybe the case with this one, I've added notes on the ones like that which I sometimes remember to take notice of...yes he dies look like he's in the jungle very cute card love it, great texture too.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Hussena said...

This is so cute! Love the debossed paper. Your nephew will be very happy to receive it :)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Such a cute and perfect card for a 3year old, dear Connie. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Diane said...

Wonderful design Connie, the debossed side looks great and what a sweet lion.

Hugs Diane

Unknown said...

Super Cute! Meow! Great texture and I really love that sweet little lion, and I'm not lying lol Oh plus now I will be singing that all afternoon.... A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh
In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight...... Great card!

Lowcarb team member said...

He looks a real friendly lion ... perfect for a three year old.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

A really cute card, and I love the lion! Great sentiment too.

Debbie said...

this is adorable!! he does look like he is in the jungle and lions are very popular now with simba and all the lion king characters!!

it's been freezing here but now today it is suppose to be 62 here, wild weather!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Connie. That lion is so adorable... great textured background.