Friday, December 2, 2016

Gamer Birthday

Is that what they call the kids or people in general that love to play the electronic games like Playstation?  Anyway I don't know much about one of my great nephews so I asked my sister in law what is he in too, he is turning 12 this year, she said he likes to play the computer games and star wars.  So I started brain storming and I remembered an issue of Papercrafts magazine that had a controller on the front so I found it opened it up hoping there was a pattern inside for it, no out of luck it is a Silhouette design.  Well I keep my machine in the closet and thought I might be able to draw that myself.....now don't laugh at what I came up with, I have been deciding whether or not to share, but I thought I would just in case you would like to give it a try.

First I started with my glue bottle and drew a couple half circles around them, drew a line between them for the top of the controller than went down to the left and right of those two and drew two more and then just kind of rounded things off a bit to join those all together.  I hope that makes sense.  I used my round punches for all the controllers, except the one on the left, my hubby had this little rectangle punch that I layered on top of each other in a cross and then I traced that onto the blue paper and tried to cut just a little off all around, that didn't quite turn out so good as you can see.  I thought it needed a little something extra so I shaded around the whole thing with white ink.


Hopefully he thought it was pretty cool.  I tried right :)

Controller -- hand drawn, used circle and rectangle punches for controls
Crate paper -- Party day paper
David Tutera -- Celebration sentiment

Thanks for all the well wishes for the Vertigo, last night I was feeling pretty good thought for sure all was better but woke again this morning feel dizzy again, but as long as things aren't spinning I am thankful, I am wondering if it might be something with my inner ear.

Wishing you a fun and creative weekend ahead.

Connie

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I think they are called gamers lol He will adore that, so fun and clever and he will recognize it right away! Super cute!

Christine said...

Its hard to keep up with all this tech for young people! But you did a great job of making a console and I'm sure he thought it was cool!

Daniela said...

It's simply lovely !

Hope you're having the best of weeks, my lovely lady,
I'm sending hugs and ever much love on your weekend ahead

Xx Dany

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I am 99.9% sure they are called gamers!
That is a great card - he will love it.

... it may be something to do with your inner ear, if it continues perhaps get things checked out?

Sending good wishes for the weekend.

All the best Jan

Cheryl said...

Very cute card as always :-)Looks good to me-- but then again, I don't play those games lol
You might want to do a google search on Meniere's disease. It is something that makes you dizzy.... it could be something you have.
big hugs,
Cheryl

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That definitely is a good card for a 12 year old! That was a lucky find in the magazine! TFS!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Excellent work, Connie you pulled it off brilliantly, clever work, .... the vertigo is definitely something you should be checking on to see what is the underlying cause. Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

krishna said...

The joy stick (controller) turned out so awesome..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Janice said...

Fantastic card Connie, made even better by your own design!

Donna Ellis said...

Great card for a gamer, Connie! Your great nephew will love what you have created - all by hand! The boy will never fully know how much of yourself is in this cute endeavor, will he? So glad you shared with us! hugs, de

Kim said...

You do come up with the most creative ideas, Connie! This card is perfect for a youngster who lives in the world of electronic games.

Leslie Miller said...

Yup, they're gamers and that looks just like a controller to me! I imagine he thought that was a pretty cool card from his great-aunt. You're always stretching your imagination, Connie! You got medicine for your vertigo before, didn't you? Don't wait too long before going to the doctor!

Linda Walker said...

Connie,
I think it's pretty awesome how you create cards that are so relevant to each individual recipient. I think that's pretty special and no doubt your family and friends do too. In this case, I bet your nephew thought it was pretty cool! It's an awesome card for a 12 yr old boy.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Linda

Debbie said...

this is a GREAT card for the gamer in your life. i know i have said this before but you are not going to find a special card like this in a hallmark store. and i am sure receiving a card from you, is the highlight of anyone's birthday. made special, made with love!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cool card Connie. Perfect for a gamer or a teenager... the background paper looks great.