Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Favorite things

This card went out to my daughter, when I saw this stamp at my Local stamp store I knew it would be perfect for my daughter because she is the most happy with a book in hand, coffee near by, and she wears glasses :) I put a bit of glossy accents on the eyeglasses and the vase where the water is, she thought it was pretty neat.  I cut the base of the card with the spellbinders die so it was quite delicate to open. I drew a line to make it appear that it was sitting on a table  She loved it.



Power Poppy -- Short stacks stamp, colored w/markers
DCWV -- Wild Splendor paper
Spellbinders -- Labels 8 and Decorative Lables 8 dies
Glossy Accents on glasses and vase
Gem, flower center

I feel so bad for my poor girl, she is about 4 hours away at her in laws, they were there celebrating Christmas ( we had them for thanksgiving) and she had come down with a cold prior but it got worse, she spend Christmas day in bed, the next morning she went to the clinic and found out she has a bad case of Bronchitis, when I talked to her on the phone she coughed about every other word so we have been texting the rest of the time.  They are heading home today, but she has to go back to work, the medicine they gave her doesn't seem to really be doing anything. No matter how old our children get we hate to see them so sick.

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

So sweet! Beautiful card, Connie! I hope our daughter is soon better. hugs, de

Unknown said...

LOVE that image, fab design and layout too! Your LSS sells Power Poppy Stamps....ooooh you're soooo lucky!!! So sorry she is sick, tell her to add honey to anything she eats/drinks helps opens up the bronchial tubes!

Darlene said...

Awww I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is under the weather! I hope she's feeling better real soon. Your card will bring a smile to her face I'm sure ... so precious and thoughtful! Happy New Year!

Christine said...

So glad your lovely birthday card cheered up your daughter. Bronchitis can be so rough. You will have to have Christmas again for her when she is fully recovered! I know I would hate to miss my Christmas dinner!
Best wishes!

Debbie said...

the card is so sweet and so thoughtful - always so personal!! i hope she feels better, chuck was sick over the holidays and is just starting to feel better today!!

Alex said...

Prayers for her speedy recovery, Connie.
How special for her to receive a card made with love by her Mom :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely card Connie ... and yes I agree with you "No matter how old our children get we hate to see them so sick."
Sending get well wishes to your daughter, hope she has a speedy recovery.

All the best Jan

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty card! I love how you colored the stamp and made the background to look like a table.

I am sorry your daughter is sick. I am wondering if we ought to have Christmas at another timem of year when not so many germs are going around. ;)

Leslie Miller said...

I love this whole stamp set, but this image in particular speaks to me. Your card is so pretty and I have no doubt your daughter loved it. I'm sorry to hear she's been so sick over the Christmas holidays. So true that our concern for our children never diminishes. I hope she feels better soon.

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you used the spellbinders die to create a delicate edged card! So pretty!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a sweet card, Connie - love the die-cut frame! I'm so sorry your sweet girl has been sick and it is true that no matter how old they get, we can't help worrying. A nasty bug has been going around our family, too, and we even spread it to our relatives back East, which I'm sure they 'appreciated' :( Hope she feels better soon. Sending hugs and wishes for a lovely New Year. xx Karen

Diane said...

What a lovely card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Janice said...

You have used a fabulous image and made it into a beautiful card, I really love the ornate frame.
I hope your daughter is improving and feeling better now.

Daniela said...

... with all a mother's love !

In the hope that you and yours had a wonderful Christmas Day, Dearie
I'm wishing you all many blessings for your New Year ahead,
may it sparkle with joy and gladness, peace and health,

with much love and utmost gratitude

Xx Dany

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. Love that image. Fantastic coloring. The background looks great too... hope your daughter will shake the sickness off! It's that time of the year... we've been sniffling a lot too...