Monday, December 26, 2016

Blessings on your day

As you know when one of my Nephews or great nephews turns 16 I usually use this truck for their birthday card and my last nephew has turned 16. My family is so big that I have great nephews that are older than my nephew, crazy isn't it.

I decided to go gray so I embossed it in silver and colored in with gray.  The tire marks and the sentiment is from the same stamp set. Added a few die cut gears and sponged around the edges.


I am linking once again to the Our Daily Bread design, Let's be Sentimental challenge that you can find HERE . You have until December 30th to play along.

Here is another picture, I couldn't decide which to use so I thought I would post both.



Our Daily Bread design -- Special Boy stamp set, embossed in silver and colored w/markers
Gear die cuts
Distress ink -- Black soot

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and will have a great week ahead.

Connie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that truck, perfect for any nephew's card! The addition of the gears is perfect! Varoom Varoom! :)

Daniela said...

Dearest Connie,
thank you for the Beautiful Lady you are !

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day,
I'm sending blessings on your coming days

Xx Dany

Leslie Miller said...

There are a lot of boys in your family and you've had a lot of practice making masculine cards! This is the place to go for inspiration, for sure!

Lowcarb team member said...

Perfect for a nephew card ...

I hope you had a good Christmas Day, sending good wishes for the remainder of 2016.

All the best Jan

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great nephew card there Connie, and I thank you for your Christmas wishes, trust you've been blessed over the Christmas season as remember the greatest gift of all.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Alex said...

Its great! Love the silver ~ it all really works together.
You sure have a big family, Connie!
I hope you are feeling full, warm, healthy and happy this holiday season.
Very many hugs!
Our Christmas went very well even with all the traveling. Its nice to be home now.
Blesssings!

Diane said...

Love the truck, colors and design Connie, just the perfect masculine design.

Hugs Diane

Debbie said...

i have a nephew that was born on the 22nd, he would love this card!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a perfect masculine card with the truck and details. Your nephew will love it. Thanks for joining us at ODBD! Happy New Year!
hugs,
Chris

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cool masculine card. Love the silver heat embossing.