Saturday, December 17, 2016

Bird day

I hand delivered this card to a friend at church so I was able to use this Beautiful ribbon that was given to me from a fellow cardmaker, isn't it beautiful with it's two sided colors.  The sentiment tag was also given to me and all I had to do was add a sentiment to it.


Ok so I found these Elmer's 3D glitter glues that I bought when my daughter still lived at home and she is now 27, so they have to be over 10 years old probably more like 15, but I thought I would try rubbing it over the raised embossed areas on this chipboard piece so the embossing would show up more and it actually worked great.  I keep telling myself I hang onto things for too long and then when I use something like this I think, well maybe it isn't so bad I tend to hang onto things, LOL!

I also used some more of that embossing paper that my daughter bought me many years ago and paired it all with another wooden bird cage.

Woodpile Fun -- Wooden bird cage
Studio 18 -- Chipboard Shapes
Sentiment tag and Ribbon from RAK
Elmer's 3 D glitter glue on embossed areas of chipboard
Spellbinders -- Decorative Labels one die

Maybe you can go digging through your forgotten treasures and make a project this weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking the time to let me know you did. Have a terrific and safe weekend, we have a lot of storms crossing the country.

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oooo that ribbon is beautiful! I also love the embossed background pattern -- so elegant looking!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This card is so pretty! I really like the look of the embossed chipboard with the embossed paper. And the ribbon is really lovely - that must have been fun to use it!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure the recipient was THRILLED to receive this beautiful work of art and yes, that hoarded ribbon is gorgeous! Fabulous creation made with love and hidden treasures! What fun!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Who doesn't love a beautiful homemade card? And then to hand deliver it? I think that is so sweet! Your card is lovely, fab texture and yes, that ribbon is gorgeous!

Christine said...

So,so elegant & sophisticated! A beautiful creation, Connie!

Hussena said...

Wonderful card! I love that two sided ribbon and the bird cage with the glitter on the background.

Janice said...

Super card, and stunning ribbon!

Debbie said...

it's gorgeous connie - really beautiful and one of my favorites. everything goes together so well, it is soft and personal - like all your cards! i too hang on to things, save them - often to my regret!!

i'm sure you know this but if you use a piece of cardboard in the envelope, in front of the card and have it hand stamped at the post office, i think this could be mailed. MAYBE - but you would not want to damage these pretty cards!!

Debbie said...

and i forgot to mention the clever title of your post - too cute for words!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's interesting about the 3-D glitter glue. What a beautiful effect! I do have an item or two I need to try out. Such pretty ribbon. I actually have some of that, but narrower. Love the gorgeous embossed paper and the birdcage, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant Connie. That bird house looks lovely as the focal point. The dry embossed background looks wonderful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I love this and extra special with the ribbon.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

What a pretty card. Love the little birdie in the cage and the pretty blue and green ribbon is lovely. That is the way with people who create, one collects things that catch our eye and we put it away for another time.