Monday, November 28, 2016

Wish you a merry Christmas

I have 3 cards to share all using the same main sentiment die. I am starting with the card with the most detail and working my way down to ones that are a little less time consuming, depending on the time you have to make them.

The main die I have used in all of these cards is the Poppystamps We wish you a merry Christmas die. I first cut the die out of my Basic Grey paper and then added some double stick tape to the openings on the back of the paper so when I cut the die once again out of red cardstock, I could just pick them up and set them into the blank spaces and they would stick, quicker than gluing.  I also cut just the star and ornament out of silver paper.  I also paired it up with the Memory Box Seraphine Laurel die you might remember I used this die here back in August and mentioned I could use this die for all sorts of occasions and I think it frames this die very well. I colored it with markers.


On my second card I die cut it at the bottom right corner and inlaid it with brown cardstock, the star in silver and ornament in gold papers.  I also used Poppystamps Valley snowflakes.  The store no longer carries these dies but you can find many snowflakes to chose from Here .  To give it an extra bit of sparkle I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the snowflakes.


 This last one took the least amount of time to make of all of them, just took some paper, cut the die and added a piece of red paper behind the die opening, only inlaid on it are the star and ornament.



These are all very flat so the mailing would be kept down to a single stamp, I hope you found one option that will work for you.

Here are the dies I used with the links above.



Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work there Connie, love the all, but think the first one is my fav. Great use of dies.
May I suggest you read this post? https://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/woyww-open-link-in-new-window-on.html
As your links don't open in a new window and when you click on them you are taken away from your blog. It just needs a simple click.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Janice said...

I love your three cards Connie, the first being my absolute favourite! ;-) What a fabulous sentiment die, I have missed seeing that one! The laurel die frames it beautifully. I really like the inlaid technique too. Thank you for such great inspiration!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! loving the different looks to your Merry Christmas cards. I like them all but I think the pretty pink poinsettia one is my most favorite! So pretty!!! (hahaha still see Janice and I think alike!)

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow - love all the different looks you created using that die set! The first is my favorite!

Stephanie said...

Each card is truly stunning, my friend. I think the first one is my favorite, but I love them all :)

Happy new week, lovely lady. Hugs!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Those are lovely! I think I like the last one best! It does look like a lot of work but you know a lot of tricks for dies!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I remember the Seraphine Laurel, alright. I rushed right out and bought it after seeing your first card. I've been wanting to use it for Christmas cards, but it hasn't worked out yet. See what an enabler you are. I've tried to slow down on purchases so I can make better use of what I have. I really do love the sentiment die you used, though. What a nice combination with the laurel or snowflakes, and just as nice all on its own. Love making these easy-to-mail cards for Christmas!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done again Connie.
I think the first one is my favourite ... well it has pink in it and that's my favourite colour!!!

Enjoy these last few days of November

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

what a creative imagination you have - they are all beautiful!!!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful! Each card is festive and unique! Love the inlaid look! You can't beat letting die cuts do all the work!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are so pretty Connie. Love the word die! I think the first one is my favorite with the pretty flowers. Great technique!

Kim said...

All cards are lovely, Connie. I can't choose a favourite. All are so very creative and imaginative.