Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sympathy's

I keep saying I need to have some sympathy cards ready for when the need arises but I never do and wish I had so I can get them out in the mail right away. Just before I left for vacation my Son in laws Grandfather passed away. This first card is the one I sent to him.

It is a one layer card, I usually work on a piece of card stock or designer paper that I add to my card base but I thought I would try to do all my stamping onto the white card base. I stamped the leaves once and then moved the stamp and stamped again without reinking the stamp to give it that shadow look.  I used a little wink of stella on the dragonfly.


Inkadinkado-- Garden Delight stamp set
Pebbles Inc. -- thinking of you rub on
Cloud 9 design -- Rain drops
Wink of stella -- clear glitter pen

I also made a card for my son in laws mother, it was her Dad that passed away. I used the same stamp but stamped it in a couple of different colored inks.



Inkadinkado -- Garden Delight stamp set
Taylored Expressions -- Care and comfort II sentiment stamp set
Jute
Paper from my scraps bin

I have been gone once again since October 6 and just arrived home earlier today.  I am way behind once again on your blogs, I will hopefully be caught up very soon.  We went back to Michigan, my oldest brother hosted a siblings get together and we also went to see my hubby's Dad, sister and brother too, and of course we had to take a little drive and stopped at a few Light houses, I will share later if they turned out, haven't even looked at them yet, and I never did get around to sharing any from the Grand Canyon on our last trip.  Well I will have time in the future, this is our last long trips to take for the year, probably until spring :)

Thanks for all your sweet comments, I so appreciate you letting me know you stopped by,

Connie

14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I like both versions of the card and the generation stamping. I am sorry for your SIL's loss.

It sounds like you had another busy trip! Hope you have some time to catch up with things now.

Donna Ellis said...

Both cards are lovely, Connie. Sorry to hear about your SIL's grandfather. Hugs, de

Debbie said...

I have always preferred thinking of you cards to sympathy cards, for some reason, I find them to be gentle and thoughtful. Both cards are beautiful but I really liked the first one!!

Hussena said...

Both your cards are so lovely! I know how hard it is to make Sympathy cards. Love the CAS look of them. So sorry to hear that your SIL'S grandfather passed away. May his soul rest in peace.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These are lovely cards, Connie, and so sorry that they were needed. So nice to spend time with your family. It must have been a lovely time of year to visit with all the fall colors. Get some rest......hugs xo Karen

Unknown said...

These are very beautiful and lovely. I really love the designs! They will surely bring comfort, so sorry for their loss.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful sympathy cards, Connie. Just perfect for their purpose. I always mean to make some to have on hand, too, but never do. I have a hard time keeping up with just the cards I need to send out now.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Beautiful cards Connie. There's nothing worse than not having a card on hand and having to make one under stress, then getting it in the mail days after it should have arrived. Thanks for sharing these.

Janice said...

Both are beautiful cards Connie, perfect for the occasions. It sounds as though you have had some lovely time on your travels. Always look forward to your photos or hubby's on FB!

Lowcarb team member said...

These are both very nice cards Connie, the leaf work looks so delicate.

I think all bloggers find a day or two away from our computers and we get behind with our favourite blogs... don't worry when you're ready we would love to hear from you.

Anyway it's just lovely to spend time away with family.

Take care

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

Great sympathy cards. I love the shadow stamping technique.

Christine said...

They are both just right for the recipients. The verse of Scripture is just right too!
Looking forward to seeing some Michigan lighthouses to remind me of our great time there in July.

Oliva Ohlson said...

So sorry for your family's loss.
Both of the cards are lovely, and the shadow technique is perfect.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, sympathy cards are so hard to do...given the losses. But these are so soft and tender. I love the special verse on the second one. I'm so glad you got to see family, and I know that helps to keep you all close. And what fun that you get to snap some pictures too. Looking forward to seeing them! Hugs, sweet friend!