Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tag card and the Zoo

Another tag card from the tag art book of images.  This time went for a masculine card for my great nephew.  This age group is hard for me he is 19 or 20 now, not quite a teenager anymore but not quite into adulthood.  The tag art book has all kinds of embellishments with them and so on this card I used one of the squares, cut it in half for the corners and another I decided to add on top of the tag and had a hidden stamp underneath, I sent a message inside telling him to open it :)


It lines up pretty well with the tag underneath I thought, and here it is opened:


Hot off the press -- Tag Art #2, tags and corners
Hot off the press -- Sarabooks ivory papers
Inkadinkado -- Neo Victorian Inchie bundle stamps
Bazzill -- brad
Paper Studio -- Gems

It was hard but I picked out 9 pictures to share of the St. Louis Zoo.

These baby elephants were just too cute, I think I got the most pictures of them they were playing so cute together.


Here they decided to join Momma


This picture of the bear was taking through a glass panel, he was enjoying playing in the water


We watched the seals swim in the water here, they had a glass tunnel for you to walk under and the were swimming all around us, but none of those pictures turned out very good.



This flamingo picture was the favorite of my hubby that I took, he liked how they formed a heart here.


The pelicans were very closeup here, just on the other side of a brick wall.


I am sorry I forgot what this guy was, I think it said he was in the Egret family, but not sure.  It was funny because when we went into the bird house he was right on the edge of the path sleeping with his wings spread out, we were wondering if he was dead, well he all of a sudden stood up and stretched his wings like this, he was quite entertaining.


I am assuming these are some kind of donkey but I have never seen these kind of markings on their legs before.


The Giraffe was checking out how the leaves tasted in the lot next door to him :)


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Connie

9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a perfect card for a teen-age boy/nearly adult. It's perfect with great colors and design.

So glad you and Greg got to visit the zoo. What fabulous photos, and I especially love the flamingos. Did you know that the bright colors are caused by their eating algae and crustaceans? Amazing how God has created so many wonderful and interesting creatures for us to enjoy and delight in! Hugs, sweet friend, and enjoy your weekend!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The card is great. I like the background paper, it looks like it is a good choice for this age group.

The zoo pictures are fun! We haven't been in a long time!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day Connie and you are getting great with the new camera. I better keep on my toes or you will be making me look like an amateur. And as alway nine card.

Greg

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Beautiful photos of the zoo! We used to take our sons to the Phila. Zoo when they were young!! Your post brought back memories!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh I do like that card ...

Glad you got to the Zoo and even more pleased you shared your photo's, they are great, a lovely selection.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

All the best Jan

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Connie, I love your card. It is definitely masculine, he should really enjoy it. I love the zoo pictures. I haven't been to a zoo in about 22 years, maybe it's time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Debbie said...

that's a great card for a not so teen boy...how kind of you to keep this tradition up, as the kids get older!!!

i enjoyed your pictures from the zoo, i always find it hard to see animals caged but knowing they are well cared for helps. when i was younger, i wouldn't visit a zoo but now i will and enjoy seeing the animals close up. in some ways, they have a better life!!

you got some great images, i loved the elephants too!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

A perfect card for your nephew's age! I agree, they are so difficult for that age, but this one couldn't be better. A somewhat graphic design and interactive. Yup, perfect!

I so enjoyed your zoo photos, Connie! Clicked on each one for an enlarged view and they're awesome! Now I want to go somewhere, but just the garden today. We do have a pretty amazing aquarium within a 2 hr drive. Thanks for sharing these!

Daniela said...

My darling Connie, Good Sunday to you !

I'm so amazed by this card, I've been watching these photographs of yours so many times, you always charm me more and more, sweetest friend of mine !

Enjoy the remainder of your Lord's Day, sending love to you

Dany

P.S.: I'm sure you enjoyed your visit at the zoo, there no age for watching so wonderful critters !