Sunday, September 13, 2015

Home again

My hubby and I have been on vacation for the past 9 days.  We went up to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore area first.  That is more impressive and a neat walk around then we thought it would be.  Glad we have been walking but wish I had done more steps training before hand that was a bit of a work out but so worth it.  Then it was off to Yellowstone park and Grand Tetons, we will be going back some day I hope, I did not want to leave that area it was just gorgeous.  We came back home a different way through Colorado and Kansas and then Missouri back to Illinois.
    On one of the days we were in the Yellowstone area my bible reading that morning was Psalm 104, and it is amazing how being in such a beautiful area brings the message of those verses even more to life and just makes you feel the amazing works and creation of this country God has blessed us with. I feel that here too but even more so when up in the mountains and forest with beautiful streams of water and all the creatures he has made.
    I will have to down load all the pictures I took and share some in future posts, once I go through them.  I love having digital camera's now, we can take as many pictures as we want and not worry if they are coming out right, remember the days when you only had 4 pictures left on your camera with no more film and so you had to make sure you were taking just the right pictures.

   Well I am sure you came for a card, this one went out to my niece's husband before I left. I cut the sprockets out of kraft paper and used the mega flakes on them, it didn't stick as well as I would like, still need more practice with them.


Tim Holtz -- Air Travel stamp set for background, was stamped on designer paper
                     The Journey stamp set for the Clock face
Spellbinders -- Sprightly Sprockets dies
Indigoblu -- mega flakes, morris dance
Making memories -- woven labels sentiment

I am sure it is going to take me awhile but I will be stopping in to all your blogs and will try to get caught up with everything you all have been doing.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your comments,

Connie

9 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

A great guy card. You're always very good at those. It looks like you get a lot of practice! Your trip sounds wonderful. I love a good road trip. These days we won't leave the dogs so we have to go places where we can take them and they'll be safe, not leave them in a hot car and all that. Looking forward to some trips later. Welcome back, Connie!

Debbie said...

I come for everything and I can't wait to see your vacation images!! The card is beautiful!! It has a vacation/postcard feel to it!!

Alex said...

You must have seen some breathtaking Fall scenery with the route you described. I would love to visit Yellowstone... Real wilderness. Like you say, God's creation is amazing, so full of variety. So glad you had good break... and you managed to make a very original card, too.
Thanks so much for popping over to the new blog, Connie! Xx

Stephanie said...

Ah, you were in Colorado! It would have been so much fun to meet up with you, sweet friend! Although you were on a nice vacation with your hubby and I wouldn't have wanted to disrupt that :)

I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves. What a joy to be able to get away for a while.

And your card is of course extra lovely. Have a wonderful week, Connie! Hugs!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Pretty card Connie! Your vacation sounds wonderful! The hubby and I visited Mt. Rushmore and everything else around it a few years ago. We loved it! We were going to be spontaneous and drive to Yellowstone from Deadwood, SC., but one of the locals said it would be about an 8 hour drive. So close.....but still too far. We did make it into WY. and visited Devil's Tower, which was really cool. Since I was a kid, I always wanted to see that strange earth formation that is literally in the middle of no where! We loved the prairie dogs too, so cute!

Susan (rainy) said...

It sounds like you had an AMAZING trip Connie! And I know what you mean about the digital cameras. It's so wonderful to be able to just snap away and not worry about it.
Your card is fab! LOVE those sprockets!!! I think the partial flaking makes them look so vintage. Perfect guy card.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

vacations are really nice but you arrived tired home, isn't it? I bet it was a terrific place...sorry for my absences not much time to come and visit...great card too
warm hello from california
Bibiana

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! I love digital pictures too! What a great masculine card. Love the gears! Perfect background!

Kat said...

What a great vacation! yes that is true before going on a vacation it is a good idea to get some extra walking I have had that happen to me! Glad you had fun! Hugs Kat