Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Paint it challenge

I am sharing these cards over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration link up today.  These are more cards from the challenges my cardmaking group is doing this week.

Today's challenge comes from Tim Holtz tags , we were challenged to try out his background technique used on his tag.  She mentioned that she skipped using black paint for the base and just used black cardstock, so that is what I tried on my first card.  I used mustard seed paint and the outcome was a green color, although it didn't turn out the color I wanted I did like the modeled look it gave to it.


Black cards stock for base
Distress paint -- mustard seed
Inkadinkado -- script stamp (background) and garden delight stamp set
Hot off the presss dazzeles -- tiny words and phrases, the sticker is silver so I went over it with black marker

My next card I used 120 lb. cardstock from Gina K and painted it black and added the mustard seed paint on top and the color is more true in this one.


Distress paint-- mustard seed
Black Heavy body acrylic paint for base
Glitz designs -- Distressed background stamp
Sizzix -- Mixed Media die cut from DCWV metallic papers
Silhoutte -- ivy, inked with distress inks
Inkadinkado -- garden delights stamp set for flower, fussy cut
David Tutera -- celebrate sentiments, inked with antique linen distress inks

This was a technique I never would have tried on my own so I like to do these challenges they really have me trying new things.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The small blue flowers look so pretty with the dark background. How beautiful! Sure to brighten anyone's day! Hugs, Diane

Debbie said...

so pretty and just wonderful to have some guidance and a bit of a challenge!!! i always appreciate that you share your technique!! both cards are beautiful!!!

Christine said...

I think they both are extremely good! Love the details and perfect touches !

Poppy said...

Both cards are lovely, but I especially like the second for it soft blue flower against the grainy mustard background, text, and silvery, mesh feature. A very sweet creation!

Poppy

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

They both turned out beautiful, Connie! I would have never known that you started with black - the effect is beautifully vintage! Your cards are always amazing! Hugs xo Karen

Connie said...

Hi Connie, I love that you are always learning new techniques and your cards are all so different and exciting to see. You certainty have a special touch to your paper creations. Simply beautiful!
Connie :)

Pam Sparks said...

Very cool Connie! Love them both! Gorgeous creations!

handmade by amalia said...

What a lovely card for someone to treasure. I do like the blue flowers.
Amalia
xo

Stacy said...

These cards are wonderful; I especially like the first card and the green color. Very clever to color the sticker black. It works!

Stephanie said...

You make some of the loveliest cards, my friend. I especially liked the birthday card.

Thanks for faithfully linking up with Roses of Inspiration - you're a doll. Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful cards Connie. Love the colors you got on the black card stock.

Scrappy quilter said...

You make the most beautiful cards. I especially love the second one!