Saturday, October 18, 2014

ODBDSLC 215

My Girlfriend that I grew up with, who lived next door to me all my growing up, lost her Dad a couple days ago, now all our parents are gone, the neighborhood just won't be the same anymore.

Our Daily Bread's challenge is to use anything, as long as it is their stamps. You can find out about the challenge HERE on their blog .I couldn't find a sentiment that I wanted to fit correctly in the space so I masked this one a couple different times to make it fit, and used my stamp positioner, I still am not sure I got it quite straight, but I really wanted to get this out in the mail today, so I stuck with it. I also added some light blue ink to the flowers before rolling them.


Our Daily Bread designs -- Bird & Butterfly Labels and All Occassions sentiments stamp sets
My Minds Eye -- Indie Chic paper
K&Co. -- Designer cards base
Spellbinders -- Labels 18 die
Poppy Stamps -- Leafy sprigs die
Impression Obsession -- spiral flowers dies
Martha Stewart -- Butterfly punch
Enamel Accents -- white (on butterfly)
Forever in time -- Pearls on sentiment

Still trying to catch up from the trip, it doesn't help I ran to my Local Stamp store this morning, they were having a yard sale and I found a couple more stamps to pick up.

Hope you are enjoying a great start to your weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

12 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

A lovely card for a very sad occasion Connie.

Stephanie said...

My dear Connie, your card is a work of beauty! I am truly sorry to hear of your friend's loss... Hugs to you!

Linda Carson said...

Sorry for your friend's loss but I know she'll appreciate your beautiful card! Love the rolled flowers and added butterfly! So glad you joined us for this challenge Connie!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so sorry for your friend's loss...how sad. I am sure she will so appreciate your beautiful card with the rolled flowers and butterfly as well as the framed sentiment!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at ODBD!
hugs,
Chris

ChristineCreations said...

A lovely design to encourage your friend and to know that you are supporting her!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Connie. Love the blue label and the sweet little butterfly. The spring and the rolled flowers are so pretty.

Joann said...

So sorry to read this dear Connie. You've created a beautiful uplifting card that will be so appreciated, I love your sweet rolled flowers. You are so thoughtful and so inspiring :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's dad! Yes, it's hard to have lost your friends (where we are now...DH and I). But it's a reminder that this is not our ultimate home. What a beautiful card, and I love how you've used this beautiful Bird and Butterfly Labels image and added the sentiments using your stamp positioner. It's perfect, and I find I use it for the same thing when something doesn't quite fit. I love your butterfly and beautiful flowers, and the added blue is perfect! Stunning card, sweet friend, and I'm so glad you were able to join us again for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

This is exquisitely beautiful, Connie. I love the stamp with the built-in sentiment oval, and the blue is such a pretty choice. I'm so sorry about your friend's father. Most of the parents are gone in my closest circle of friends and it is an odd feeling to be the elders now.

Susan (rainy) said...

Connie, this is such a beautiful and peaceful card. Sorry for your friends loss.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

truly beautiful card and design!!!!
your colors and the little flowers are perfect!!!
tfs:)

Jerri Jimenez said...

A very beautiful card for your dear friend Connie, I'm sure she will treasure it and it will have a special place in her heart. Hugs!!!