Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Katie's Inspiration

It is time for another inspiration challenge, I just finished this card a few minutes ago, the first and the 15th of the month just seem to be creeping up on me before I know it.

I started following Katie's blog not to long ago.  A few ladies that I follow, (Leslie and Christine) are on the Power Poppy Blog team and I was going through one of their Hops when I came across Katie's Blog, oh my goodness, her work is just Beautiful, as with the other ladies she colors the images just Beautifully.

The card I chose to use as my inspiration can be found HERE on Katie's blog .


I had planned to cut my flower out and add it to the oval like Katie did, I just loved that look but I ended up cutting the oval out and stamping the flower while the die was still in so the stem wouldn't be on the edge of the die.  I used the roll technique for the butterfly, the yellow I used for the center ended up not stamping all that dark.

Inkadinkado -- Garden Flowers stamp set, for both images and sentiment
Spellbinder -- Classic ovals lg, Floral Ovals and Decorative Labels 8 dies
Cosmo Cricket-- paper
Ribbon -- white and has been colored w/marker
enamel accents -- white
At you spica pen -- twinkling like stars (on flower)

I hope you get the chance to stop by Katie's blog and check out all her Beautiful creations.

Hubby and I went for a walk today, the weather is just beautiful, mid 70's, we have the doors open, we both so enjoy this weather!  Hope you have good weather too.

Thanks so much taking the time to stop by and letting me know what you think, I really appreciate it.

Connie

10 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Connie.

Lisa said...

Hi!
Fabulous card, Connie, I really love it!!! The colors and that floral oval die are just perfect. Our weather is lovely today, as well :):):) Thank goodness it cooled down a bit. The past 2 days were too hot.
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, this is such a pretty card. You know, usually I am not a fan of orange, but I love this! Well done, sweet friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is so very pretty! I just love the depth of color on the flower, and the layered die cuts, the background, everything! I'm also happy to hear you've been visiting and appreciating Katie's blog. She was a late discovery for me, too, and I had to wonder how I hadn't visited her sooner. Every single card she makes is pure delight and it's tons of fun to go searching through her blog. Now it's a real treat to be on the Power Poppy DT with her!

SarahGeorge said...

Very pretty card Connie. Hope you are doing well :). Missed visiting you :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!
love the choice of colors, Connie!!!
tfs:)

Cheryl said...

How pretty, Connie. Orange is such a difficult color to pull off, except at Halloween, but you did a wonderful job here with that oval die cut and the ribbon. And, I like the way you stamped the flower so that it didn't extend into the border of the oval. I'm not familiar with the roll technique that you used on the butterfly. It looks like it's glowing with the lighter center. Nice. I'll have to check that technique out.

Katie Sims said...

Well what a way to start the day and find this post with the sweetest comments about my work AND a gorgeous card created by you! I have been out of town, then had out of town guests come visit me so I am trying to catch up on my blog gawking and came upon this beautiful card! I love the color combination and your center image is so pretty and delicate! Thank you so very much for the recognition here on your lovely blog...I cannot begin to tell you how honored I am for a mention here... :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the pretty flower and the shading on it... the soft sponging looks great around the oval.

Shirley said...

Really beautiful flower and I like the look too! The way you sponged the edge of the oval is wonderful! A very pretty card!