Monday, May 19, 2014

Roar

My great nephew asked last year when I made his birthday card if the next year I could put an animal on his card.  You see when he grows up he plans on working with animals, it will be interesting to see if that is what he ends up doing.  So I found this lion at a thrift sale and thought I would buy it and use it for his card.



Inky Antics-- lion stamp, colored w/markers
My mind's eye -- Boy crazy paper
Memory Box -- Flying birds

I believe them tree and clouds are also memory box dies but my hubby bought them and doesn't keep the name of them with the dies.  I didn't glue the whole tree down, just bits of it, colored some copic marker under for shadow and popped up the lion with foam tape.

Hope the start of your week is going very well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leaving your comments,
Connie

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This card is extra cute, my friend :) Hugs and blessings!

Marie-Louise said...

Such a cute card Connie. He is sure to love it.

Crafty Lark said...

What a fabulous lion Connie, great boy card. Flora xx

Shirley said...

Totally adorable with all of the frills and your lion is too cute for words!!

Leslie Miller said...

Really? A thrift sale? The lion is darling! I think it's so cute that your nephew asked specifically for an animal on his birthday card. He sounds like a good kid!