Wednesday, May 28, 2014

3rd Anniversary

So weird to think my daughter will soon be married for 3 years, I wanted to make a special card for them.  On Mothers day Hot off the press was having a sale so I decided to order the cd called Amazing Folded cards, it has 52 different folded cards to make and I picked the trifold card with hearts for their card.  The cd has patterns for the cards and video on how to make them.



I will have to say I made a little mistake but I fixed it and it doesn't look too bad, when I drew around the template for the heart on top I did it backwards so I had to do a little trimming to get it to work, but I think it turned out all right :)  I could not get it to shut totally to take a picture.

This is what the card looks open to the first fold.



Here it is fully open, I will write my message on the inside here.


Here I leaned it up against the back of my board to see if I could get it to close a little more, with not much luck.


The ribbon matches the color of the card better in real life.

Hot off the press -- patterns for the tri fold card, Amazing folded cards cd
DCWV -- Rustic Stack paper
Diamond Mesh
Jo-Ann -- Scrap Essentials, emotion pack vellum quotes (inside saying)

11 days and counting until I see my daughter, getting so excited :)
Hope your week is going well and your enjoying beautiful weather,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

8 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Connie.

Marissa said...

Pretty cool
love it.
xoxo

SarahGeorge said...

Oh, so beautiful! Connie. The tri shutter fold is always fun and your card is very sweet with that:)

Katie Sims said...

What a fabulous fold and a darling card! I love the ticking stripe on the hearts...so sweet! :)

Leslie Miller said...

How fun! 52 folds? Wow! I love the design on this one, the way it folds up with the two hearts. Gorgeous, Connie, and I don't see any flaws at all!

Unknown said...

Love this barn fold card! The hearts are beautiful. Enjoy your time with your daughter...so precious!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Love the special fold and huge hearts! A beautiful keepsake from her Mom! Priceless!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a sweetheart of a card!!!
just love how you designed it.
tfs:)