Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Class Card

The end of March I will be teaching my first card making class at a Library my friend works at in her small town.  Her boss was trying to think of different crafts they could have classes for craft month and who they could have come in to teach and my friend told her that she knew a girl that makes pretty cards, so she told her to ask me if I would like to do it.  Since it is a small library we are only signing up 6 people for this class, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming.

I tried to come up with a design that beginners could do but that used a few different techniques so they could get a feel for them and see what they might like.  So I will be showing stamping, die cutting and punching, there were so many things running through my head that I could show but I tried to keep it simple, something they could all finish in an hours class time.  It was very hard not to shape the flower, but thought that may be too much at this time.

Here is the card that I made that they will put on display to show what they will be doing in class.


Cosmo Cricket -- Everafter paper
Bazzill -- Textured cardstock, has a little glimmer to it
Stampendous-- Birthday Assortment stamp set
Spellbinders -- A2 Matting Basics A, Lacey Circles and Standard Circles Lg
Fiskars -- Border punch, punched twice
EK Success-- Flower punches
Forever in time -- Gems

I used dimensional Adhesive on the sentiment and flower

I have never taken a card making, so I am not really sure how to go about it, but figured I would do it like I did the demo's I did for Spellbinders.  If anyone has taught a class and you have any tips for me I would love to hear them, Thanks.

We have up to 3 inches of snow coming on Friday and then we have a winter storm coming in Saturday evening and will end sometime Monday, that never sounds good, they haven't said snow totals for that one but it sounds like it maybe another on of those sleet, ice and snow mix ones, I so hate those.

Hope your area will have a better weekend.
Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie



7 comments:

Shirley said...

How very lovely! I like the colors and your DP is perfect for your image and die cuts!

Stephanie said...

Perfect colors and perfect card :) Love the flower! Hugs to you!

Leslie Miller said...

This will be great for your class, I think! The die cutting will be a big wow and the punched flower is so easy, yet pretty. I'm sure they'll love a chance to play with some bling, too. I always had the hardest time coming up with simple, yet pretty cards for my SU! parties. We had a lot of fun with those!

Becky said...

This is lovely, wonderful colors.

Linda Carson said...

Looks like a fabulous card to start your class! What fun! It will make them wanting to come back for more and bring a friend!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

lovely framed sentiment!!!!
and love the soft background paper!!!!
tfs:)

SarahGeorge said...

This is so beautiful, Connie. Love the colors and glad that you could be of help to your friend and those who came to learn card making.