Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Leslie's Inspiration

I will have to start out to say that I had a bit of trouble with this card, some of it you can see and others were behind the scenes. 

I have been following Leslie's blog for quite some time.  She use to be on a design team but then decided to just create for herself and I am so glad she didn't stop sharing her creativity with the rest of us.  Her coloring is just out of this world, great beautiful designs.  She also shares her furbaby stories and Lovely flower gardens she has, which I only dream of having, it is always a treat to stop by her blogs.
You can find the card that I used for inspiration at this Link.  I loved them all but went with the second card in the posting.  I loved the window idea and that she used a corner flower treatment.  I have a few of these stamps and loved her idea of using them.


I didn't realize that I cut the window a bit crooked until I was putting the sentiment tag on at the very end, I guess that is what I get for eye balling it instead of measuring.  I am also thinking there is just way too many patterns going on here, so if I did it again I would change it but I just finished it this morning to get it on my blog for the 15th. 

Jennifer Ellory -- Stamp set from Quick cards made easy magazine, colored w/ markers
K& co. -- Blue Awning paper pack
Spellbinders -- Labels four, fancy Lattice and grommet tags dies
Dazzles -- tiny words & phrases stickers (sentiment)

I hope you take the time to stop by Leslie's blog and if you want to catch up with her furbabies, Wally and Lulu she has a link on the sidebar.  Thanks Leslie for being such a great inspiration for me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, and you sweet comments,

Connie


8 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

It's beautiful, Connie. You are too hard on yourself! The colors and patterns... I love them all.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'm just blushing head to toe! You're so kind, Connie. You know how I love designer paper and mixing up patterns, so I just love everything you've got going on here. I especially love those cute flowers, too. Thanks so much for your sweet words and the encouragement to keep doing what I'm doing when sometimes I wonder if I really should keep doing it -- blogging, that is. I can't imagine giving up stamping. It owns me!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful Connie w/your mix of patterns! Love the fllowers and lattice! Hope you'll join ODBD sketch this week ....hint, hint

Diane said...

Oh Connie, the die cut lattice with the frame and pretty flowers worked out great.

Hugs diane

SarahGeorge said...

Just beautiful! Heading on to Leslie's blog :)

SarahGeorge said...

Just beautiful! Heading on to Leslie's blog :)

Shirley said...

How very pretty!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Gorgeous,Connie!!!!
I love the blues!!!!!
tfs:)