Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cat & Friend

I found this stamp at my Local Stamp stores Sale and I thought he was too cute to pass up for just $3. I hope my great nephew thinks he is just as cute as I do :)


After I got it home and wanted to try coloring it, I went to do the fish tank and thought how am I going to color that, my hubby gave me some tips, he was trying to show me how to do a mark with my white gel pen to give it that reflection look of glass but my gel pen wouldn't work and that was the good one by Tim Holtz, that really bummed me out because I hardly used the pen.  Maybe that is the problem I needed to use it more.

Great Impressions -- G423 stamp, colored w/markers
Spellbinders -- Lg Deckled Rectangles dies
October Afternoon -- 5 & dime papers
Hero Arts -- It's your day stamp set
Button -- Flea market
Fabric scrap
Diecut star

Found out that some of my family in Michigan were affected by the storms that went through.  My sisiter in law and her family were out of water and electricity for 2 days and my nephew and his family are being told they should get power back tomorrow, just thankful they are all alright.

Hope your week is going well for you,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

5 comments:

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Connie!! Is that the cutest tiger or what!! Love the whole design!! right down to that cute button with knot!!

Diane said...

Love it Connie, you did a great job coloring the image and fun design.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

I love this cat! He's so cute! Even without the white gel pen your water looks very realistic. Great card, Connie! I'm glad to hear your family are all okay. So far everyone I know in those parts are okay except for some inconvenience, knock on wood.

Linda Carson said...

LOL! That cat is such a hoot and tons of fun! Great job coloring! I've never had luck w/white pens...ugh! Glad your family is okay.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

awww!!! how CUTE!!!!!
great design and colors!!!!!
tfs:)