Monday, February 11, 2013

Manger X-stitch

I have had this cross-stitching done for quite some time but I was looking for the right kind of wood I wanted it to be framed in.  A guy my husband use to work with when in the military decided to take down all the barn wood look he had down in his basement from when he bought his house and was mentioning to my husband he needed to find someone that might like it, my hubby said well I don't know if I want all of it but it sounds like just the kind of wood Connie wants me to make a frame for one of her Cross-stitchings.   Wellll that was a year ago, LOL!  And this year when I was planning on making him his T-shirt quilt for Christmas he asked me what I would like him to make me and I said a frame, and here is the results :)


This is as close as I could get and get it all in the picture.  Yes every inch of that is cross-stitching, I can't remember how long it took me to do but it looks great in the frame, nice and rustic looking.



Here it is letting you see all of the frame too, it was worth the wait to get it :)  If you are interested in who the Kit came from just let me know, I didn't take the time to look it up, but if your interested in doing one for yourself I will be happy to look it up for you :)

The sun is shining here once again and that is always a good thing, I am thankful that we have been getting plenty of rain because now we are out of extreme drought but the sun just always lifts my spirits!!

Hope you all have a Terrific week,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is beautiful. The frame is perfect!

deb said...

Beautiful. I started a huge cross stich for over my fireplace 15 years ago.......... Someday it might be done. LOL

Linda Carson said...

Get out! This is one priceless keepsake of cross-stitching! I'm impressed you took this detailed and "huge" piece on. Amazing work! I love the frame.

Leslie Miller said...

No way! You are AMAZING! WOW!

Ivanka said...

This is just a masterpiece! So, so special! The frame is perfect, worth waiting for.