Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pastor Thank you's

My daughter is having the Pastor of her Fiance's church and one of their Professors that is also a Pastor marry them so I made two Thank you cards for them.  My Daughter and her Fiance go to a Christian College and the both became very close to their Professor, this first card is for him.


I used the Spellbinder Cross Collection on Metallic Paper, and added some alcohol inks to it to tone down the metallic. Behind that is HOTP paper, cut out with spellbinder deckle die and for the sentiment I used Hero Arts stamp and cut out with Spellbinder Grommet tag, I believe the square brads are from Making Memories.  The corners are what I had laying on the table after cutting out the crosses and thought they would make good corner embellishments.


Here is another view trying to show some of the dimension.

In the second card I used the two smaller crosses from the collection on metallic paper.  It has been framed onto Labels eight die. Hero arts sentiment for this one also.  Added some twine and rhinestone sticker gems to it.  DCWV Paper.


It is getting down to the wire, so I probably won't be posting again until I am back from my daughters wedding.  Hopefully I will get some good pictures, I tend to forget pictures when I am excited.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

5 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Gorgeous cards, Connie! Have a WONDERFUL and happy time. Such a special moment...

JeanneLee said...

These are beautiful, Connie!

ChristineCreations said...

Both such elegant cards for the occasion Connie! The metallic on the crosses really sets them off!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These crosses are beautiful! Very pretty and perfect for your thank you cards.

Shirley said...

How beautiful and definitely the kind of cards to be cherished and kept!