Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hem Stitching

Using paper scraps for this card, and I used the hem stitch from Sew Easy to hand stitch the scraps together. Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered floral die for the flower and I used a little chalking for the edges and center. After I took the pictures I added a swirl of stickles to the center also, but didn't take out the time to retake photo's. Martha Stewart punches for the leaves and flower, sentiment stamped in the middle.



Yesterday I couldn't upload my card, so had my hubby figure it out for me, but today looks like everything is working again YEAH!!  The weather has been in the low 80's the last few days and has that been nice, love having the windows and doors open.  Was watching the news last night and the north is dealing with so much water and the south is so dry they are burning acres of land, hope everyone is staying safe through all this.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment it is much appreciated,
Connie

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the stitching too! Did you do that on a sewing machine? The DP is the perfect backdrop for your flowers too!

Yvonne B. said...

Connie, your stitching turned out great! I'm not very good at it--machine or Sew Easy! I need to try it again... I love the quilt-look to your card with the paper piecing. Very fun.