Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Sis!!!

My first try at a Tri-shutter card....  Thank goodness for Beate's video's on splitcoast or I don't know if I would have figured out the fold... LOL.


Here is a picture looking head on open naturally.  I used DCWV Linen Closet Stack paper. Cloud 9 design stamp, added gems to the flower centers.  Sabrina was sweet and sent me some of her pretty pins, so I thought it would look great on the front.  Martha Stewart butterflies, with gems.


The two crochet flowers on the top left and bottom right are from Melissa Frances.  The punched flowers on the bottom left and you can't see the one on the top right are Martha Stewart punch and I added flower gems to the centers.  The sentiment on the inside is from the Cardmakers Birthday Card Quotes from Hot off the press.  The paper ribbon on the back right piece is from K&Co. 


There was so much bulk that I couldn't take a picture of it closed up without holding it down with my finger.... it would have been nice if I had removed the little remaining nail polish.  I bet you can see my mistake.  At the last minute it was done but I told myself you need to put something on that bottom panel, so I decided to find a stamp that said Happy Birthday, this one fit so nicely I thought this is great, stamped it and then looked and thought OH NO!!!! You can see it when it is all closed up, I tried to remove the panel but my tape was so good I would have wrecked the card trying to remove it, so it stayed.  My sister called last night to say it made it through the mail OK and she liked it :-)
I hope she is enjoying a wonderful day today!!  Love you Carla.

Thanks for sticking through all the pictures and details,
Connie

10 comments:

Linda Carson said...

What a beautiful card Connie! I must try making one of these myself. I think it looks great because it would be displayed fully opened. Great job!

Joan B said...

wow, this is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, and I LOVED it!!:)

Shirley said...

Wow, Connie! I am sitting here looking at this up close!! What a really beautiful card! I love the die cut with your main image, that gorgeous stick pin, the way you did your happy birthday, the butterflies, and of course, that beautiful fold.

Susan (rainy) said...

Great design, Connie. This is fabulous.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super fabulous!!!!!!!!!
you di such a wonderful job with this!!!!!
tfs:)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this looks very complex but you managed it beautifully! What a pretty and very special card for your sister!

Yvonne B. said...

Wow, Connie! This is so amazing! You did a wonderful job--I have never had the nerve to make such a creation! I'll bet your sister loved it.

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautifully done Connie! A beautiful stamp and such gorgeous papers to match!

Debby said...

Gorgeous!!